Four Key Ways to Ensure Your Generative AI Plan is Ready

Last week, Cresta CMO Scott Kolman hosted a webinar with Robin Gareiss, CEO and principal analyst of Metrigy: The Real Story on Generative AI for Customer Engagement. During the webinar, they explored new research from Metrigy’s new study, CX Optimization 2023-24, where they spoke with more than 600 companies to understand how they use advanced technologies – like generative AI – for better customer interactions.

With all the hype surrounding generative AI from tech companies and in the media recently, it’d be easy to conclude that every company is deploying it to maximum capacity. However, Robin’s research uncovered that there are still strides to be made – and explored the four key ways that a company can ensure that their generative AI plan is solid and ready to deploy. 

As Robin explained, AI-enabled apps are increasing significantly; companies are forging ahead with adding all types of AI capabilities to CX apps because of the substantial benefits that AI-enabled applications stand to add to an organization. Robin’s research showed that AI helps to: drive revenue, reduce costs, improve customer experience, and improve agent productivity. Deciding not to deploy generative AI for many organizations will put them at a significant competitive disadvantage.

Figure 1: Generative AI Adoption Plans

Here are four considerations to keep in mind when successfully and sustainably deploying generative AI in your organization: 

Process changes

Change management in an organization can be difficult – both for those choosing and implementing the technology and for those whose day-to-day will be impacted by it. Plan to over prepare and educate your team on how to best use the new tech stack that you’re implementing, and ensure that your team is set up for success. 


As mentioned above, education is a critical piece of implementing new technology. In the case of agents in a contact center, generative AI can have a tremendous impact on their ability to do their jobs – if they know what they’re using and how to use it. Consistent training and coaching – which, incidentally, the power of generative AI will make far easier – is key to ensuring a smooth onboarding and deployment process. This dedication to education also refers to your customers; as Robin and Scott discussed during the webinar, many consumers still have outstanding trust issues with generative AI. In our second poll of the webinar, 21% of the audience reported a ‘low’ level of trust with generative AI, while 57% considered their trust as ‘medium’.

Improvement in the ability to select data used

With the power of generative AI, the ability to make data-driven decisions and glean insights exponentially increases. Ensure that your business is running on the most real-time information and that you are making the most informed decisions possible.  

Time to work out the bugs

In our first poll of the event, we found that while 69% of attendees host their systems in the cloud, that still leaves 31% of attendees hosting their services on-premises. Metrigy’s research showed that 32% of CX transformation projects are moving to the cloud, something that Robin called a ‘precursor’ for adding generative AI to your tech stack. Essentially, as companies make these transformations, remember that Rome was not built in a day – it’s ok if your generative AI plan isn’t either. But starting is the most important step! 

Download and share the webinar replay with your team today! And to learn about how you can deploy real-time generative AI in your contact center, schedule a personalized demo with us.

Cresta’s Real-Time Intelligence: 6 Ways our Generative AI is Different


Seven Predictions for Generative AI in the Contact Center


Introducing Ocean-1: First Contact Center Foundation Model